Nathan, November 2010 | i'm not quite sure if you remember him, but i do. and like i said once before, i'll never forget him. he was at the same park that he had been in may, my first time meeting him. and when i saw him this day, i was overwhelmed. overjoyed. i felt every good emotion but to a high extent. i walked up to him with my excitement and said, "nate! how are you!?" he responded with sorrow coated all over his voice, "i'm ok." i said, "do you remember me!? we met about four months ago!" he tilted his head to receive my appearance inside of his deep sea blue-green eyes and said, "no. not really." his body language had been one of discomfort and shame. he did not want to be bothered and he looked as if the world was on his shoulders. i was tempted to turn from him, to continue on with my day but i couldn't. i just couldn't because the bond we shared on first meeting one another was amazing. so i probed him a little more, then simply asked if i could pray with him and for him and he said yes.

after prayer, his mood shifted into a completely new position. he said, "i do remember you! jasmine! right?" his words and reaction inspired tears that i withheld and a smile and i responded, "yes." we carried light conversation before we departed. i told him how beautiful his eyes were again and he said, "you said that last time and since then, you've been the only one to tell me that." i reminded him about the scripture that he had given me from his Bible and he said "here you go!" while handing me another page that was crumbled into his pocket as his daily read, genesis 20. he, then, took a photo with me and allowed me to take one of him. i have never felt this type of feeling before.

this is where strangers become ex-strangers. this is why i am inspired daily. because strangers don't have to carry that badge for the rest of their lives if we just make an attempt to make them ex-strangers.